Search this site

LOST DOOMWATCH SEASON 3 SCRIPT TURNS UP

Doomwatch.org are overjoyed to announce that we have just been faxed a page (page 50 to be precise!) from an abandoned Doomwatch Season 3 story. It's thought that the production had been secretly destroyed. Rumour's of the story (RED AMBER RED) have persisted for decades amongst fans and now Doomwatch.org are able to confirm it does indeed exist and was actually partly filmed. Greg Cheesegrater has contacted the site in a frenzy of excitement...

Greg contacted our secretary Pat and explained the circumstances of it's recovery to her...

"I couldn't believe it. I was surfing Google looking for "The Dawson Watch" and stumbled onto you're site. What memories it brought back! I had totally forgotten all about my submission! I can't believe someone has built a site for this series. Great Stuff! I didn't know that my involvement in the series was kept a secret. It's such a shame that the production team abandoned the production part way through. It would have made riveting viewing and cheap to film too! It was nearly 40 years ago since I wrote RED AMBER RED and thought that the dangers of coming across frustrated car driver's was well overdue. What would happen if London became totally gridlocked due to a faulty traffic management system? I imagined all hell would break loose as angry driver's would take their frustrations out on innocent bystanders. I was accused of nicking ideas from respected writers at the time and filming was stopped but I thought I might get away with it anyway as the BBC were virtually wiping TV shows five minutes and twenty seconds after being transmitted. I kept my script safe all these years. Unfortunately, as I took it from the filing cabinet, I dropped it on the floor. All 15,000 pages. It's going to take me ages to get them back in order, so I will just fax you the first page I have picked up and sort the rest out with you later. I wonder if they kept any of the filming done for it? Anyway, I will be in touch soon. Take care for now."
So, we are pleased to offer you a glimpse of the full script here, with more to come!

Update! A private collector, who does not want to be named, has come forward with a screengrab from the titles of the only known copy of RED AMBER RED that were actually thought to be destroyed and emailed it to us! We will send Pat round with a bottle of champagne to butter him up and we might be able to get some footage of this lost classic. We phoned Greg and he is now really excited. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment